This ended up family favorites week because this is another of our favorites for the whole family, Broccoli Pasta. This is based off of a Giada de Laurentis recipe that I started making because I had a bag of steamfresh broccoli on hand and hey, that looks pretty good. Lets try it. Then we did and Ged and I said HEY THAT’S REALLY GOOD!!! We’ve been making it since and its become a favorite of the kids as well. The garlicky buttery sauce and the cheesy pasta are a dream and the best part is that this recipe comes together in about 10 minutes once the water is boiling. Give it a shot, you’ll love it.
Adapted from a Giada de Laurentis Recipe.
- 1 pound pasta, your choice
- 1 bag of steamfresh broccoli
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ½ cup grated Parmesan
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Add the pasta and cook, stirring occasionally. Drain pasta and reserve 1 cup of the pasta water. Meanwhile, cook a package of steamfresh broccoli.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat the olive oil and butter over medium heat. Add the garlic and red pepper flakes and cook for 5 minutes. Add the broccoli, pasta, salt and pepper and toss. Stir in parmesan and add some of the reserved pasta water, if necessary, to make a light sauce. Transfer to a serving platter and sprinkle with extra Parmesan.