Now that the school year is over, I’ve been thinking about what I want to do with our summer. Last year I was uncomfortably pregnant and I spent most of the summer exhausted, near an air conditioner and trying not to move. This year is full of opportunity and making up for lost time. So I planned out our quick Summer Bucket List!
Now I’m not talking incredibly expensive outings or extremely rigidly planned events. No, they are kids. I fully believe that for the most of their summer they should spend it simply being kids, playing in the sunshine and splashing in the nearest watery spot. Thats also not to say these are the only things I plan on doing, surely there are other things we will do and explore like instituting a FARMERS MARKET SATURDAY perhaps. But these are the big ones we’ve been talking about that I want to make sure we try to fit in.
1. Take a lazy week off and play/adventure/not pick up an electronic device other than to take photos!
2. Visit Tannery Falls with the kids, a favorite from my childhood.
3. Go to the beach, pick up seashells and have a picnic.
4. Visit Berkshire Botanical Gardens and run around the grounds
5. Tie Dye ALL THE THINGS.
6. Play hooky one day and go on an adventure, location TBD.
7. Have a picnic on top of Mt. Greylock
8. Pick Strawberries & Blueberries (one of our favorites every year)
9. Explore Becket Quarry
10. See some fireworks!
11. Make rock-cactus pots. Logan is gonna love this project!
12. Make a star wars terrarium.
13. Plant a garden
14. Go to the New England Food Truck Festival
15. Make amazing treats and bring them to our friends.
I can’t wait to get started! Do you have a summer bucket list? I’d love to hear all your great ideas. Share them in the comments!