Happy Friday, friends! This is where I send us off to our weekends with a little bit of joy from around the web this week. I’d love to hear yours! Share them in the comments.
1. This showed up in my Facebook feed and I super needed it! I’m in this weird period of change in a lot of areas and sometimes you just need the reminder that you shit glitter. I pinned it up at my desk and on the back side of my bathroom vanity mirror. I encourage y’all to do the same because really. You’re fabulous. You DO shit glitter. You TOTALLY GOT THIS.
2. I read this article about these guys who have been exchanging the same birthday card for 47 years and I just love that. Friendship that lasts forever. Hey, Steph, new tradition? Y/HFY?
3. Another friend shared this article on my Facebook feed and it reminded me to stop and enjoy it. With two little kids its hard to enjoy all the little mundane things sometimes but Logan is getting to that age of lasts. Is this the last time I pick him up (he’s so big y’all)? Is this the last time he will want me to hold him when he falls? Is this the last nap he will ever take snuggled up on my lap? This was a good reminder to just stop. Pat attention. Life is about change. Parenthood more so than anything else. You’re raising people to be functional adults and they don’t stay kids forever. There is definitely loveliness in that but there is a touch of sadness in seeing some of the phases come to an end. Diapers I’ll be throwing myself a god damn party at the end. But at what point will they want to read to themselves and not have me read to them at bedtime? That one will be a difficult one for me to charge thru joyfully to the next phase. Not that I’ll ever show them that but I will cry my own little mom tears in the closet for that one. It’s the best part of my day. We’re a long way off for Landon of course but Logan might be sooner that I’d like to admit. So long story short, instead of being YOU GOT WATER ALL OVER THE FLOOR JFC I’m trying to enjoy the crazy combined bath times. Instead of saying making a list of the things I need to do next I’m just reveling in the snuggly bottle feedings where he’s curled up on my lap (this one is so close to being over) while I can because each one inches closer to the last.
4. I am creative in ways that are from the heart but also simple. I can open my fridge and make a meal without a recipe. I can make projects with my kids that make us happy but wouldn’t sell for a dime. However, I envy people like this. All of this art is done with a black-inked pen and HOW GORGEOUS ARE THEY OMG. They take simple means and turn them into art and I think that is so incredibly lovely.
5. This week was my best friend’s birthday. We live long distance so birthdays are always a little difficult and tricky. As much as I wish that I could roll over to her house and be like what what bitches! I BROUGHT MOSCATO AND TACOS, TURN ON THE NETFLIX. ITS PARTY TIME! I can’t but she thew an amazing virtual party and it was such a good idea. I may also have picked up this mug that’ll be enroute to her shortly, but shhhhh don’t tell her 😉
6. And an extra this week because WHY NOT! This KILLED ME. Also its so much me and my brother in a car I can’t even. Also now me and Logan in the car. My favorite part about the whole thing: The mom. Not a flinch!
That’s it for me this week! What was your favorite thing this week?