Happy Friday, friends! This is where I send us off to our weekends with a little bit of joy from around the web this week. I’d love to hear yours! Share them in the comments.
1. We tried a vegan week at home and I just, I can’t do it you guys. I’m sure some of my upset and discomfort can be attributed to an adjustment period but I felt awful. Not to mention that makes me feel weird because I’m sure if I stuck with it things would be fine once they leveled out. I’m also sure the vegans I know are going to tell me this is just my body adjusting to my new diet and blah blah blah but I’m over it at this point. Plus I miss #bacon and I’d be lying if I said we didn’t have bacon for dinner tonight or that I might be trying this recipe this weekend. Will we have more more meatless meals, of course. But maybe the full vegan lifestyle just isn’t for us and that’s ok. Yay for experimentation.
2. As some of you may or may not know I have a small side hustle for Perfectly Posh and they released a few of their winter items this week and I’m DYINGGGGGGGGGGG to try the Merry Berry Big Fat Yummy Hand Creme. I’m hoping it smells like sugary christmas loveliness but then again all their stuff smells amazing so why wouldn’t this. Not to mention this Pining for You Chunk Soap that I’m imagining smells like holiday heaven. Oye. I just want it all. DRIVE FEDEX DRIVE.
3. We are coming up on Halloween and I am OBSESSED because it is fall and its apple cider season and its my baby’s first birthday and I really feel like fall is the spring of my heart. Its when my soul wakes back up and gets itself ready for the holidays. I know a lot of people hate the holidays because omg shopping and hooplah and AHHHHHHHH but for me its time to celebrate family and admire our tree and read christmas books by tree light and bake cookies and make Pierogi with Chichi and snuggle up and watch the Thanksgiving day parade. I just love it all the the start of October is when it feels like the beginning of it all. I’m just really excited and I can’t wait to go pick pumpkins. We have the kids costumes ready to go – they were decided on months ago. My big guy has wanted to be Kylo Ren since the spring and because we like a good theme the baby will be Darth Vader. I’m still trying to figure out if we also go with the theme and maybe I can do this really easily. I think its this one is it! There decided!
4. We are in the the early stages of planning a kitchen remodel and there are so many things I keep seeing on pinterest. Like this romantic little touch that needs to happen when we build a dining room table. Not to mention these adorable little people that might need to build a village on my windowsill because seriously how cute are they.
5. Lastly I’ve been stocking up on book bub books and I have so many I need to sit down and read! I need to make the time to do it instead of catching up on facebook and everything else. So this weekend I’m power down at 9pm and off to my kindle I go. I’m gonna try to roll with this mantra and just let go of the FOMO and soak in my tea and my kindle and its going to be love-love-lovely.
That’s it for me this week! What was your favorite thing this week?