Yes, you heard me right. Brussels Sprouts Salad. I was skeptical at first too but stick with me here. Its amazing. Knock your socks off, cant stop eating it amazing. Its crunchy from the sprouts and buttery from the cheese and walnuts. Just the right amount of lightness for this time of year next to a well grilled steak or a great big piece of chicken. No matter how much of it that I make, there are NEVER any leftovers.
If you’re hesitant to try it, people swear to me that they hate brussels sprouts end up loving it and ask for the recipe. Give it a shot, you’ll thank me I promise.
Recipe from Shutterbean
- 24 Brussels sprouts, shredded
- ½ cup Parmigiano Reggiano, finely grated
- 1 cup toasted walnuts, in pieces
- 9 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons apple cinder vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- salt & pepper
- Shred the Brussels sprouts in a food processor, with a mandolin or chop with a knife! Toss the sprouts in a bowl gently breaking apart the sections so that they are in shreds. Top with toasted walnuts & grated cheese.
- In a small jar, add the olive oil, apple cider vinegar and mustard with a sprinkle of salt & pepper. Put a lid on the jar and shake it up! Pour the dressing over the salad and stir thoroughly! Best served immediately, although I ate leftovers the next day and it still held up well!