If you’ve been watching the news the last few days you’ll know that we are currently buried under a metric assload of snow today. We’ve got more snow in the last few hours than we’ve had all year and if you listen to my podcast with Steph you’ll know that I am SO OVER WINTER already. Of course the minute I’m dying for tulips and sunshine and fresh air we get hit with a giant snow storm. THANKS MURPHY!!! What is cheering me up today is this amazing and flavorful Crockpot Beef Stew that is even turning my frown upside down.
This stick to your ribs dinner is one of my very favorites and definitely needs a GIANT loaf of bread to soak up all the delicious gravy. My version of this beef stew is lighter on the meat and heavier on the vegetables. The carrots and potatoes are always my favorite part and it still has plenty of stew beef and flavor. Not only is it incredibly delicious, my house smells amazing and I can’t wait for it to finish up so we can eaaaaaaat.
Give it a try and stay warm out there, friends!
- 2 pounds stew meat, cut into 1-inch cubes
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 pound baby red potatoes, quartered
- 8 carrots, cut diagonally into ½-inch-thick slices
- 1 onion, diced
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 6 cups beef broth
- 4 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 2 teaspoons dried rosemary
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 2 bay leaves
- ½ cup all purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
- Place beef, potatoes, carrots, onion and garlic into a slow cooker. In a bowl combine beef broth, tomato paste, Worcestershire, thyme, rosemary, paprika, and bay leaves until well combined; season with salt and pepper, to taste. Pour liquid over meat and vegetables in the crockpot and stir.
- Cover and cook on low heat for 7-8 hours or high heat for 3-4 hours.
- In a small bowl, whisk together flour and 1 cup stew broth. Stir in flour mixture into the slow cooker. Cover and cook on high heat for an additional 30 minutes, or until thickened.
- Serve immediately, garnished with parsley, if desired.