Spring is hereeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!! My second favorite season next to Fall and its all about adventure and exploration and renewal and LETS GO HAVE FUN!!! We’ve been cooped up all winter long in the house due to some pretty frigid temperatures and some fairly deep snow this year. We were all getting pretty stir crazy and I may have gone a little Ana from Frozen when spring finally came we we could open the effing windows already!!!
We’ve been making our bucket list of things to do this spring/early summer locally and I wanted to share for any local friends or visiting friends that were looking for some fun in the Berkshires!
- Tannery Falls – One of my favorite places to visit growing up was Tannery Falls in Savoy, MA. Its an easy trail perfect for little legs climbing “built into the hillside wood steps”. A great use of a nice sunny morning that lets little boys throw rocks into rivers and moms to get zen by the waterfall.
- Ioka Farms Sugar House – As kids we used to go on a yearly field trip to the sugar local sugar house to watch how maple syrup was made and I still have fond memories of the billowing steam and the sweet smell in the air. Not only is the sugar house at Ioka Farms really fun to visit but so are the rest of the activities at the farm. Either way its always a really awesome day.
- Baby Animals at the Shaker Some of these we get to if we can but we have yet to miss a year of baby animals at Hancock Shaker Village. The kids love to see all the tiny pigs and cows and goats and run around the grounds for a few hours. Such a fun morning soaking in the fresh air and farm life. Protip though: try and skip the gift shop. 😉
- Whitney’s Farm Market – We adore this spot on the edge of Cheshire and we’re there pretty much all year while they’re open. This is where we pick up our plants for our gardens and supplies for spring yard work and the kids love picking out tomato plants and hanging strawberries. We also love visiting the koi and frogs in the ponds. There is also a lovely little market inside that has the best pies and smoked chickens around. Definitely a must visit. PS. We pick-your-own blueberries here too in early July 🙂
- Pick your Own Strawberries at Mountain View Farm – This is another one of our favorites that we never miss and this lovely farm is a stones throw from our house. We love and i mean LOVE strawberries in our house. On this PYO adventure the kids get to ride in the hay wagon and they’re allowed to eat them right out of the field as they pick them. What I love is making jam and freezing them for a cold snowy day.
It was tough to narrow it down to 5, phew! Bonus item we’ve been playing a lot with this spring as well is my home made sidewalk chalk paint! If you haven’t tried that yet, what are you waiting for!
What are your favorite spring adventures?